Chocolate / Hopscotch Rabbit Family
Toy Line: Sylvanian Families, Calico Critters
Company: Flair, Epoch, International Playthings
Countries: US, UK, JP, EU
Year Introduced: 2000s
Figures Available: Mother, father, sister, brother, baby sister, baby brother, grandmother, grandfather
Sister - UK, Sylvanian Families (Flair), open hand
Official Names & Bios:
Bios in the photo album, pamphlets, annuals, books and boxes can be slightly different. Even different countries! I have combined any I have found to the best of my abilities or have labeled them separately.
The Chocolate / Hopscotch Rabbit family is the LARGEST family and distribution of figures we're ever seen! So many different releases, names, bios, sets, etc. Freya is the main mascot for Sylvanian Families during the 2000s.
That being said, I will attempt to record all the information I can, though it many not be entirely complete.
Chocolate (UK, Sylvanian Families)
- Grandmother Patricia (1) when she was younger she loved to share out the cooking and food preparation tasks with her now grown up children. These cooking lessons in her old kitchen lead to her son, Frasier becoming a confectioner when he grew up and a very good confectioner he is!
- Grandma Patricia (2) loves life on the ocean waves! Since she and husband Rhys purchased their house boat, they spend the weekends boating out in the deep blue sea, often taking their grandchildren with them and exploring the islands they find on their travels. Patricia likes to keep a ship’s log of all the different places they visit and likes to read it to the grandchildren like a bedtime story.
- Grandfather Rhys (1) has a sweet tooth for crystallized fruit. His wife Patricia is really good at turning all kinds of fruit into jars full of sticky delights. Rhys therefore spends hours every day searching for new foods for his wife to preserve and bottle.
- Grandpa Rhys (2, aka "Grandpa Mustache) has dreamt of learning to sail since he was a boy. Now in his retirement his lifelong ambition has come to fruition and he and his wife Patricia have bought a house boat! Rhys also treated himself to a smart sailor’s jacket with gold cuffs. He now looks quite the part!
- Cousin Cherrie loves nothing better than to feel the warmth of the sunshine on her whiskers! She's dressed for the beach in her pretty bathing suit and matching beach bag.
- Mother Teri makes all the fillings for Frasier’s chocolate creations; the strawberry surprise being the best. Her kitchen is always full of the rich smell of fruit mixed with the sweet smells of sugar and spices bubbling in pots. It makes your mouth water just thinking about it.
- Father Frasier has been making sweets since he was a young boy and he’s now a confectioner of the highest caliber. It all started when his mother showed him how to make crystallized fruit, which is very easy, but his chocolate creations today are a work of art as well as tasting heavenly.
- Older Sister Peppermint is the most fashion conscious rabbit in Sylvania. She has to have all her wardrobe with her at all times.
- Sister Freya, unlike her brother, doesn’t eat sweets or chocolate, so she helps her mother prepare the fillings. She does eat a lot of fruit thought!
- Brother Coco is not permitted to help his father or mother in the preparation of their confections concoctions because he eats more than he makes! He’s put to useful employment being delivery boy for the family.
- Baby Sister Creme loves bedtime. When it comes to time to say night-night, Crème rushes up stairs (with little help from mummy) and eagerly awaits her bedtime story! Such a good little girl!
- Baby Sister Breeze shows great promise when it comes to music. Her parents Teri & Frasier have bought her this lovely baby sized grand piano and she loves it! They think she might become a concert pianist when she's a grown up!
- Baby Brother Kabe loves mealtimes. When his father Frasier lifts him into his bunny-shaped highchair Kabe couldn't be happier!
Hopscotch (US, Calico Critters)
- Mother Heidi is a gym teacher at the Cloverleaf Corners high school.
- Father Harlin is a sports reporter for the local paper.
- Brother Skip and Sister Bell play high school soccer and pursue outdoor hobbies such as hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter.
- Baby Brother Hopper never tires of running around and cannot remain still for a second. His twin Sister Honey is totally opposite - she loves to play quietly on the grass and can spend hours entertaining herself with flowers, birds and butterflies.
- Baby Sister Grace is very sweet and likes playing with all of her friends at nursery school.
- Each grandparent comes with wire / plastic glasses.
- Mother Teri comes in a set with a refrigerator and part of a family box.
- Father Frasier comes in set with living room furniture and part of a family box.
- Sister Freya/Bell comes in a set with a children's desk, part of a family box, and in a stater home set (CC).
- Brother Coco comes in a set with bathroom furniture and part of a family box.
- Older Sister Peppermint comes in a set with a dresser / wardrobe box.
- Cousin Cherrie comes in the set: Cherrie's Day at the Seaside.
- Baby Sister Creme comes in a set with a red jumper, white crib and blankets and a different package with a pink jumper, bottle and brown cradle.
- Babies Kabe and Breeze come in MANY different sets including (but not limited to): "sit and crawl", "sleep and crawl", carriage set.
- Baby Brother Kabe comes in a carry case with a pink rabbit-themed high chair.
- Baby Sister Breeze comes in a carry case with a pink piano.
- Hopscotch Baby Sister Grace comes in a set of three "Baby Friends".
How I Got Mine:
- This figure was acquired by trade with another collector during our Winter Figure Swap 2014 (Deehellseven)
- I can't state this enough: there are SO MANY sets, issues, re-issues, figures, extended family members, etc. of the Chocolate / Hopscotch family. I will update and add info when I come across it, but please don't take my list as the "master list" :)
- There are two sets of grandparents. The set that was released later features the grandparents in boating / sailing attire and the grandfather has the first ever mustache! Many collectors refer to this figure as, "Grandpa Mustache".